SODA AND SALT
What is calcium chloride?
An inorganic chemical compound, the prime characteristic of which is strong absorption of water. Calcium chloride finds common use in road maintenance, building construction, the chemical sectors, as well as coal, oil and gas extraction.
Where is calcium chloride used?
- De-icing of roads, footpaths and stairs
- Prevention of dust deposition on unpaved roads, sports fields, tennis courts and speedway tracks
- Drying of gases and liquids in chemical synthesis processes
- Additive for plastics
- A component in the production of calcium salts
- Assistance in STP drainage
- Additive for mortars and concretes, used for sealing and accelerated curing
- pH adjuster
- Laboratory reagent